This is the information for the fee waiver for Trainee Deckhand applicants only.
Your course may be free if any of the following apply to you:
If you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Incapacity benefit
- Disability living allowance
- Carers’ allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Contributory employment and support allowance
- Personal independence payment
If you or your family is in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Pension credit
- Working tax credit
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based job seekers’ allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Universal Credit
It is the responsibility of the student to provide evidence of their fee waiver. Evidence must be dates within the last four weeks of the date you book onto the course and clearly show your name, address and the benefit you are in receipt of. This should be submitted to the Scottish Maritime Academy as soon as possible.
Additionally, you may be entitled to remission of fees if the taxable income of the student’s family* , in the previous tax year, is equivalent to or lower than the threshold below:
- Households with only one person - £8,282
- Households consisting of a couple without children - £12,395
- Households with dependent income - £18,977
*The burden of proof is on the student to satisfy the Academy with evidence of their family’s income.
No course dates currently available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Attendee Personal Details
Are you a UK National and have lived in Scotland all your life?
Please list below all the qualifications you currently have, the subject, the grade and the year gained (if applicable)
Please list your seatime (if applicable)
I apply for admission to Scottish Maritime Academy at North East Scotland College. I understand that completion of this form does not automatically guarantee me a place on the course and that the College reserves the right to amend course details as published, or cancel a course, and that if any data I have supplied proves to be incorrect the College will reserve the right to withdraw my place from the course.
Terms & Conditions
- All courses must be paid in full or will be invoiced in full at the time of booking, Course fees are non refundable unless the College cancels the course or in line with the Course Fees policy. On completing this booking form, the company agrees to be credit checked. If the company fails the credit check, all fees must be paid prior to the booking being processed.
- Confirmation that a College place has been allocated constitutes a legally binding contract between your organisation and the College. Copies of the Terms and Conditions are available on the College website www.nescol.ac.uk – or can be obtained on request from the College’s Admissions and Funding Manager, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen, Scotland UK AB25 1BN.
- If, for any reason, a student has to withdraw from a course, the College must be notified in writing.
- If your account remains unpaid after 45+ day the Financial Controller (External Affairs) will notify the Student/Company/Sponsor in writing of the College’s decision to take legal action to recover the outstanding debt, including costs incurred e.g. commission, charges and the College’s sanction of the withholding of the conferment of awards and re-enrolment will be applied.
- Our Company/Partnership/Agency/ Institution agrees to meet all fees and expenses associated with the attendance of the student(s) listed. All monies due to the College will be due and paid in full in pounds sterling, no amounts may be deducted or withheld from any monies due to the College to cover any administration or similar charge.
- Please note – Courses are offered subject to: (a) there being sufficient numbers of enrolments: and, (b) the availability of resources. The College reserves its right not to run courses where the number of students is considered insufficient or where resources are unavailable.
Data Protection Act
Why we collect and use data about you
When you make your application to learn with us we collect personal data about you so that we can identify you and communicate with you. Personal data will sometimes include ‘special categories of data’ (information about any disabilities; or your race or national or ethnic origin, religious philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual orientation) so that we can process your application in an accurate, fair and transparent way and gather the statistics we need. If we do not have this information we may not be able to process your application and potentially offer you a place on a college course.
You can find out more about how and why we use and share your data in our Student Applications Privacy Notice .This will also tell you about the rights you have in relation to that data and how to contact our Data Protection Officer.
The College would like to send you information about other courses we offer and information about our events and activities. If you would like to hear from us please subscribe to our mailing list
You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you do take up a place on a College course, at the start of the course you will be asked to complete an enrolment. In completing the on-line process or signing an enrolment form and/or taking up a place on a College course, you will enter into a contract with the College and be bound by the North East Scotland College Standard Terms and Conditions of study. Copies of the Terms and Conditions are available on the College website www.nescol.ac.uk – or can be obtained on request from the College’s Admissions and Funding Manager, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen, Scotland UK AB25 1BN.
Information on the personal data we process for enrolments can be found on our Curriculum Students Privacy Notice.
Please note – Courses are offered subject to: (a) there being sufficient numbers of enrolments: and, (b) the availability of resources. The College reserves its right not to run courses where the number of students is considered insufficient or where resources are unavailable.