This is the information for the fee waiver for Trainee Deckhand applicants only.
Your course may be free if any of the following apply to you:
If you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Incapacity benefit
- Disability living allowance
- Carers’ allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Contributory employment and support allowance
- Personal independence payment
If you or your family is in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Pension credit
- Working tax credit
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based job seekers’ allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Universal Credit
It is the responsibility of the student to provide evidence of their fee waiver. Evidence must be dates within the last four weeks of the date you book onto the course and clearly show your name, address and the benefit you are in receipt of. This should be submitted to the Scottish Maritime Academy as soon as possible.
Additionally, you may be entitled to remission of fees if the taxable income of the student’s family* , in the previous tax year, is equivalent to or lower than the threshold below:
- Households with only one person - £8,282
- Households consisting of a couple without children - £12,395
- Households with dependent income - £18,977
*The burden of proof is on the student to satisfy the Academy with evidence of their family’s income.
No course dates currently available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Attendee Personal Details
Are you a UK National and have lived in Scotland all your life?
Please list below all the qualifications you currently have, the subject, the grade and the year gained (if applicable)
Please list your seatime (if applicable)